Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Resolutions

It's not easy for me to keep resolutions. I don't know why. But this year, I don't know that I'll have a problem.

I'm giving myself a makeover.

And not a typical housewife makeover that includes eyeshadow, hair color, the works. 
Not that I hate on any of that.

But I want a new me. And to fix up the house...

Anywho.

1. Be more. - Be more patient, loving, caring, giving, understanding, friendly, polite, respectful, etc.

2. Lose some weight. - Stepped on the scale at my parents' house and I was NOT happy. I've never been one to lose weight well. It takes a LOT for me to shed pounds. *sigh*

3. Finish off my Harry Potter DVD collection. - Luckily, I only need the last 2. I just have a REALLY hard time swallowing spending over $7 on a movie.

4. Get our finances under control. - We're in a tough spot right now. I'd like to get out of that ASAP.

5. Fix up what we can of the house. - We're on the right track with this. We got some new tile for the upstairs bathroom and the stuff to refinish the tub/shower. We just need to fix the walls, find a new (used) countertop and sink, etc. We're not going to be buying much of anything brand new. Craigslist is my friend.

6. Find more ways to spend time with Kyle. - We do pretty much everything with the kids. We're having a hard time finding our relationship in the mix. And we've only been married (almost) a year. Atleast we can say we're dedicated parents.

7. Find a job. - Maybe not a fixed hour job, because that's really tough to get with the hours Kyle works and only having one vehicle. And it's really hard to find a babysitter. But maybe doing the Etsy thing. Kyle's aunt gave me the book "How To Make Money On Etsy" for Christmas. A lot of people have faith in me. Apparently, I'm the only one that doesn't. That being said...

8. Raise my self confidence. - I know I need to think higher of myself in some ways. I can't take a compliment to save my life. I need to be alright with myself.

That seems like a big list, now that it's all typed out. 

Ah, well. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment